top of page
What We Believe
As a non-denominational church, Gilmore Church of Christ believes:
- The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant.
- Jesus Christ was virgin-born, sinless, died on the cross for man's sin, was raised from the dead on the third day, and is coming again.
- Salvation is a free gift, bestowed by God's grace and received by faith.
- Immersion in water of a professed believer is the Bible baptism.
- Such baptism is symbolic of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.
- The Church is the bride of Christ.
- The Church is the body of Christ.
- The local church is led by godly men known as elders.
- The purpose of the church on earth is to fulfill the great commission of Jesus Christ.
- Christians are endowed with spiritual gifts which enable them to minister to the church.
- The Holy Spirit, whom every believer receives leads us and guides us.
bottom of page